Historic Chapel of the Cross

Stainglass2The Chapel of the Cross at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church in Southport, North Carolina, is an historic place of worship. 

Erected in 1843 on its present site in Southport (then called Smithville), the Chapel of the Cross is not only a visible link with our past as a community, but a continuing reminder to the people of Brunswick County and East Carolina of the religious history, traditions and culture that have meant so much to the people of North Carolina dating all the way back to the 18th century and our country’s successful fight for independence.

Last Published: March 23, 2018 8:36 AM